How can one little kid have so many nicknames?! And his very own theme song? I mean, perhaps we've taken this parenting thing too far... In his short, little 8-month life, Frankie has earned over 20 nicknames, most notably:
Frankenheimer
Franklinheimer (more formal variation)
Frankenheimer Schmidt (full, formal version)
Frankenslimer (earned by his constant barfing problem)
Frankenwhiner (earned by his incessant "I need to eat NOW" whine)
Frank Butt (closely related to Cutie's, Cute Butt)
Frankus
Buddy
Sweet Pea (we checked, Popeye and Olive Oil's Sweet Pea WAS a boy)
Punkin
Boo Bear
Buddy Bear
Frankapotamus
Super Pooper
His theme song goes like this:
"Frankenheimer! Frankenheimer! Frankenheimer! You are a Frankie Frank!"
I realize this posting gives no justice to the song without musical accompaniment, but trust me, it makes him smile EVERY time.
Cutie has a theme song, too:
"Cute Butt, Cute Butt, Doing what the Cute Butt does... Licking and Jumping and Running and Eating and (fill in whatever verbs-ing you can instantly think of)."
We are sick, sick people who derive theme songs for our children. But then, it hit me... Oh crap, we can't have theme songs for our firstborn and dog but then not have one for our future children! We've got to get to work! I can't imagine a day in our home without constant singing to one or another Knapp child!
But yet, a year ago, we hadn't composed the Frankenheimer tune that is sung at least 100 times in our home every day now. We had just perfected the Cute Butt lyrics. We will be inspired, too, upon the arrival of little Lockhardt and Wanna-take-a Knapp... Eventually, one day, all Knapp children will be sung to distinctly, and the world will be right once again.
Book Review: Mobituaries
6 years ago

1 comment:
Are you sure you weren't an Elementary Music teacher in a former life? I have seen this sickness before and, alas, there is NO cure. Kisses!
Post a Comment