Monday, September 18, 2006

Eliminateable Students

After just one month of officially teaching in my own classroom, I hereby announce the two most annoying questions I could possibly ever hear:

Annoying Scenario #1:

Mrs. Knapp: (Insert short teaching lecture about variable Y here.) "Now, for your homework, first do step A, then step B. Don't forget about variable Y. Any questions?"

Student #1: "Yeah, what are we supposed to do?"

Mrs. Knapp: "Step A, then B and don't forget variable Y."

Student #1: "What's variable Y?"

Annoying Scenario #2:

Mrs. Knapp: "So, in accounting, it's important to remember that debits have to equal credits, and the normal balance is on the side that increases. Why do you think that is?"

Student #2 Raises Hand.

Mrs. Knapp: "Yes, Student #2. Why do you think that is?"

Student #2: "I dunno, but can I go to the bathroom?"

I give up.

No comments: