Because I measured 5 cm bigger than I should be at this point in the game, we had another ultrasound today, and I'm happy to report that all looks well! Baby is measuring just over a week ahead of schedule, at 3 lbs. 4 oz. (Typical for my tendency to grow big, ole babies!)
Most importantly, we are most certainly sure that it is a girl. We got a good money shot, and there's definitely a hamburger, as opposed to a hot dog, down there. Only semi-bad news is that she's breech. Although, it doesn't make much difference since we already know she's arriving via c-section.
Here are the first two pictures, one of her face and one of her profile:


But then, we got THE COOLEST picture of all... The tech switched over to 3D ultrasound, and we got this little miracle glimpse:
That's our little girl! The weird smooshy thing in front of her nose is a hand - imagine she's rubbing her nose, and the picture may make more sense. She was breathing in and out amniotic fluid, and it was SO amazing to see such a lifelike picture!I've always thought 3D ultrasounds were a bit of an extravagent scam deal, (I still wouldn't go out of my way to pay for them), but seeing her come alive like that altered my general indifference towards this pregnancy, and I am anticipating her arrival now with renewed exhuberance and anticipation. I can't wait! - So I say BEFORE the sleepless nights begin! ;-)

1 comment:
I am glad to hear that things are going GREAT!!! Its awesome to see a picture of the little blessing growing inside of you!!!
God Bless!
The Stache's
Post a Comment